• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Underside Pics Of TSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,

First off, I have the SSE. Now it's time for me to build the TSE. I like to inquire about pics of the underside of the board to those who had mounted the tubes flush with the chassis on their TSE's so that I can see which component were connected reverse on the PCB as compared to that of the SSE.

Does anyone have a pic of their board underside handy that I can see? I am concerned about the heat-sinks and how it was mounted particularly and to get some ideas to tackle the mounting.

Thank you very much in advance!

Abe

Here you go.....I used standoffs machined to the proper length to "hang" the PCB off of the bottom of the top deck. The exact length will be somewhat dependent on what sockets you use.......

I'm planning on employing the same method again with my 45 TSE build.

Attachments

• Tubelab SE inside.jpg
    Tubelab SE inside.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Here you go.....I used standoffs machined to the proper length to "hang" the PCB off of the bottom of the top deck. The exact length will be somewhat dependent on what sockets you use.......

I'm planning on employing the same method again with my 45 TSE build.

Boywonder, what did you do to the legs of U1 (Sharp PQ5EV5 voltage regulator) to get it to mount to the back of the PCB? Could you possibly post a detail image?

You gotta bend 'em.....alot

......ad triple check them before warming the iron.

I was afraid you would say that. Thanks for the image, helps a lot!

I built a Hagerman Technology Cornet2 pre-amp, which spoiled me. The PCB had all of the components on the bottom of the board, except for the tube sockets which were pinned out for the top side of the PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.