• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

45 TSE desired tube current? Acceptable B+?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Reached the checkout stage, and must confess a bit nervous. Read and re-read the checkout/bias sections of the manual, a couple of questions ...

Near the end I do the "slowly adjust pots R12 R23 to raise output tube current to desired."

What is the desired output tube current for 45s?

What is the acceptable range for B+ in a 45 TSE?

One more question. I have breadboarded the amp at present. I have Electraprint OPTs - do I need to ground the outputs from these?

Grounding the speaker negative assures nothing is floating, and at my house, I sometimes run vintage Polk SDA speakers (with an umbilical between them) that requires the speaker -ve to be grounded.

I'm no expert, but IIRC it's also important to ground the speaker -ve when running gnfb (not the case here, of course)......

Last edited:

JP

Joined 2011
There's also a safety issue in that if the primary shorts to the case or the secondary, you'll have full B+ on the case or secondary. Speaker negative and the transformer case (at one of the mounts) should always be connected to earth.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.