Car Amp Electrical noise interference

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just having installed new amp inside my car. I noticed there are noise on playback when i set the bass boost on my amp on. This happens when i put on my signal light, brake or reverse gear.

But this didnt happen with the bass boost disabled.:confused:

So, i didnt really sure where this problem came from and what caused it. And suggestions and solution for my problem is highly appreciated . :)

Thanks

OK what does it sound like? Is it a constant noise or does it pulse? Hi pitched or low? Just guessing here but it seems like you are at the edge of not having enough power (DC) to run the amp. Bass bost uses a little more power and then when you use other elecrical systems in the car you cross the point of not enough juice. It would be intresting to put a voltmeter on the power connections right where they go into the amp, and then make it do the bad noise. It might be the the 12-14 vdc supply to the amp is being dragged down. If you dont have a meter try turning on the headlights and testing for the bad noise. If it is worse with the headlights on it is a good indication that your are lacking juice to the amp.

I will agree with firechief. Although there could be another issue here. Your alternator could be going bad. I've experienced in some cars that the car uses more voltage when it uses "extra" lights like reverse lights, brake lights...etc, only reason I assume an alternator could be an issues is because it could not be putting off the right amount of voltage or is not charging the battery right..etc. I may have this confused...but I'd definetly go to autozone or an auto place and have your alternator/battery checked. But as firechief said...sounds like a bad battery.

Or a blown driver in your speakers.

Bad ground wire...as well. Check those too. May have to upgrade your stock wires to a bigger gauge...resistance in a wire...is someone worse enemy.

Another question, are you experiencing any dimming in your lights when at idle?

Last edited:
If there is a thump through the subwoofers when the signal light is on or when you hit the brakes, it could be that the noise was there before and you didn't notice it because the gain at the low frequencies wasn't as great. Turning the bass boost on simply amplified the noise.

I'm assuming that you simply changed the position of a switch on the amp. If you did something else (plugged in cable that runs to the back of the vehicle...), describe precisely what you did.

If all the difference is, is a flick of the bass boost switch, i would say that it is either a faulty circuit only used when that section is active, or interference, and increased sesitivity/ pickup of that section.... Bass boost should be off, unless all other used frequencies are significantly louder than the boost range, due to tuning of the box and vehicle. Anyways, look for signal issues, like poor ground, and the rcas and/or amp real close to the vehicle harness. Also, look at the grounding in your engine bay.

Bass boost is bad. Keep that off. Other ways in making up where audio is lacking. As far as your noise it's a ground issue. Sharing a ground with the lighting. Try moving forward of the vehicle. May have to ground your radio back at the amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.