DacMagic II failure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody!

I was testing my new BluRay unit using for audio signal one of the BNC connections (by a S/PDIF adaptor) and suddenly the sound disappeared.

After several tryouts it is clear than position "CD" from selector does not work. Maybe it is something very stupid but, being in the situation of opening the machine, why do not update it a little? :)

Does anyone can provide me a link to the service manual of Dacmagic II ?

I've tryed to reach it from the web but the only result I've found is a very poor image lo-res from this link from Eservice

On an old thread it was a link to the service manual but it does not work

Old Thread

Many thanks in advance

Sr.Audio

How does the Krell SPB-32X compare with current DACs?

I am considering replacing my 10 year old Krell SPB-32X with a current budget DAC (Cambridge DAC Magic) in order to decode 96/24 tracks...

I can sell the Krell for about the cost of a current budget DAC - but the fact that the Krell still sounds great make me wonder if I should keep it, considering that it originally cost $3,500. and is built like the proverbial ton of bricks...

So my question is will there be a major noticeable improvement in the sound after exchanging it for a current DAC? Or am I comparing Apples and oranges?

:confused:

I am considering replacing my 10 year old Krell SPB-32X with a current budget DAC (Cambridge DAC Magic) in order to decode 96/24 tracks...

I can sell the Krell for about the cost of a current budget DAC - but the fact that the Krell still sounds great make me wonder if I should keep it, considering that it originally cost $3,500. and is built like the proverbial ton of bricks...

So my question is will there be a major noticeable improvement in the sound after exchanging it for a current DAC? Or am I comparing Apples and oranges?

:confused:
I know, that the internal DAC of the Krell "CD-DSP" (also for using of external digital sources) sounds much more better than the second DAC from Cambridge Audio, the DAC3 (AD712 OP-AMP in the output), but even better against the better sounded first DAC, the model "DACMAGIC" (OPA2604 in the output).

Hello to all involved on this threat

I've found this old post http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/102399-cambridge-audio-dac-3-schematic-needed.html

I've read it and that's my problem!! My DacMagic 3 has dead BNC connections and only Optical working... After switching my DVD Player to a brand new Blu-Ray player and using frequencies higher than 48Khz (me, as an idiot, do select 96 Khz and even 192 khz). And to be sure where was the problem, I did try both BNC inputs...

This morning I was starting to accuse the BR player ;)

Well, let's locate the 8-Pin DIP 9637 and replace it.

Have a nice Sunday morning!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.