Audioxpress changed owners

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I took note of that event when I saw some large display ads in the latest "Circuit Cellar". For the most part I have admired Elektor over the years. It's pure speculation on my part, but I'd look for the Audioexpress content to be merged into Elektor, rather than continued as a separate publication. That's not all bad in my mind - I rather enjoy a more widely focused hobby magazine, rather than a narrow concentration. But I DO hope that things like circuit boards and specialized components, as well as back issues, continue to be available through Elektor.

Dale

I think it's just a matter of time to sort things out for the changeover. But I haven't seen anything about Old Colony Sound Labs specifically, until I went to this link. I also tend to think that AX and CCellar will continue for the foreseeable future as niche magazines to the more general Elektor. I've liked Elektor since Ed Dell brought out a US edition for a time about 20 years ago.

Sorry for the late reply. I too tried to buy a circuit board and as it turned out was the week of the selling-changeover to the new group. The order form worked, but contacting a few days later for confirmation I was told they recieved no boards, inquired as to how I ordered and swiftly changed the link to their new web page?
The milion dollar question. What happened to the circuit board inventory?
I got the distinct impression the new outfit was only interested in the publications.

I just learned Ed Dell is recovering in a nursing home. May he have a speedy and full recovery.

Joe

P.S I just got my Audioxpress early renewal notice today. It looks like they're staying separate, at least for now. I'm trying to decide if I want to renew or not? I feel like an era has ended.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.