no accessory light after deck install

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok so i got my deck installed awhile ago by best buy and i don't think they wired the illumination light but before the install i had accessory lights and after i have no accessory lights. so which wire is illumination on the harness orange/white or orange wire?

Wtf??.... Ig your dash lights went out, he doesn't know how to install head uniys.....its basic principal to make dure the ground is ground and not lighting..... As for the orange wires, one or the other, not both. There are 2 types of dimming, nagative resistance, or positive, and the 2 wires are meant to sense different polarity. Putting them together cancels each-other.

so, just to clarify, your dash lights are working, and it's just the lights in the head unit that doesn't work? in that case, you can disconnect and isolate/insulate the orange wires and the head unit lights should be on all the time, and just not dim. or are you saying that your exterior parking lights are not working? dome and/or floor lighting? what vehicle specifically?

Well, it is possible, but not probable.. Was it installed with direct harness splice, or with the harness adapter? Iirc, the instrument cluster and other das lighting should be run sparate, but it would be best to get the wiring diagram and check how the circuit is rin, and test for power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.