Wanted: Behringer Europower EP2500 Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks muchly, but still no joy getting the thing to go.

Seems I still have no +15v rail (after replacing the obviously cooked parts in the muting / thermal circuit)
It would appear the +15v rail is being pulled down somewhere but buggered if i can find it.

Anyone worked on one of these?

I'm working on one now, where the main power transformer has died. I know this because (a) the primary mains winding shows under 0.02 milli-ohms on my low-res ohm-meter (that#s about as low as it'll reliably read), and a 60 watt light bulb glows strongly in series with the AC mains input. Does anyone know where I could get a spare transformer for little money? It has four separates secondaries of 0-55-110 volts each, a rather strange design but I can see why it was done.

Does anyone know where I could get a spare transformer for little money? It has four separates secondaries of 0-55-110 volts each, a rather strange design but I can see why it was done.

You get one from another amp that everything else is blown up in except the transformer. You need the exact winding configuration or it won't work. Good luck with that, other than something designed for a similar amp - and they will probably want $300 for it. The closest possible off the shelf kludge would be *four* 40-0-40's (55/110 is the DC voltage), and that probably won't fit and will still be expensive. If you were cloning the amp, and could get 40-0-40's cheap that's how I would do it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.