Building Speaker with integrated 2020

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am building a speaker with a built in amp The speaker will be powered by a TA2020 amp.

I am going to order the following parts:
Power supply
TA2020
Speakers
Potentiometer

I can't find if there is a way to attach an on/off switch. Would this work?
I am mounting an ipod dock. Is it possible to attach multiple wires to the 12v and then convert that to 5v (USB)? Also I would love it if I could power off the amp, but not the ipod dock. So I can charge it whenever i put it in.

This is my first audio project. So if there is something not ok, please tell me.

Cheers

I have never been a fan of amplifiers inside speaker boxes.
The first problem is vibration. Another problem is the varying air pressure due to the speaker pumping, this will put pressure on component cases especially electrolytics.
There is the problem of getting heat out of the wooden box. There is heat generated by the speaker(s).

Just my opinion.....

Thanks for the reply Nigel. The speakers and the amp will be in seperate compartments. Of course well vented so the box doesn't catch fire.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.