Technics SU-X920D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i hope someone can help.

I have been given a Technics SU-X920D that i will be taking delivery off later this week.

Does anyone have any specifications on this amplifier. I keep finding conflicting information. Even just the era it was made would be a start.

The intended purpose for this amplifier will be home studio/DJ useage but i am a little worried as the pictures of the back i have found suggest it is more of an AV amp, what with inputs for TV, VCR etc.

If anyone has used this amplifier before and can give feedback on it or on any of the technics new class a range i would love to hear from you.

Thanks

TECHNICS SU-X920D SM Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

Technics SU-X920D

Hi,

Seems a AV type stereo amplifier.

Probably drive one pair of 4 ohm speakers or 2 pairs 8 ohm.
Rated at 60W a channel into 8 ohms. (920 = 100W version.)

Seems to have only rear L+R surround channels, and they are probably
driven off some weedy chip-amps, these should be 8ohm or higher.

The surround effect is derived from stereo sources, so will have little
bass and the surround speakers don't have to anything special, if
you use them at all, you don't have to.

Will work fine as a stereo only amplifier. Just ignore the video stuff.

rgds, sreten.

Thanks for the reply and the links. I will only be using this as a stereo amplifier running x2 4ohm monitors

I can’t see any specifications referring to the THD which my father always said to look for and it should be as low as possible.

I hope the amp is punchy enough for its intended use – I will upload some pics of the setup once the amp arrives.

Hi,

100W per channel should be fine. Distortion numbers are fairly meaningless
when it comes to judging amplifier sound quality, but they will be low, 0.01%.

Note you will need those links in external for it to work.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.