ESP P3A coupling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do like this amp :)

Just a question to the Coupling Capacitor heads out there, initially I was using the Nichicon Muse KZ 4.7uf for input coupling. I was happy with that but after reading some of these pages I started experimenting....

I changed over to polypropylenes, some Audyn KPQS. Bass was not as heavy but firmed up a bit and the mids came through more so. Lovely, I thought. On a number of recordings, the treble detail is a bit, well...'spitty'. Do these caps need paralleling up with something else or is there simply a more desireable alternative(!)?

Cheers.

Brownlow

Hi!

You can always try leaving them out of the signal path.

But do measure DC offset prior to connecting a speaker, and watch out for oscillations (you will either hear it - distortions -, or the devices will get very hot.

But if it runs stable without a coupling cap, simply omit it...

It's what I did with both my P3A and my GainClone, but I reinstalled a 4.7 uF cap to the P3A since a friend of mine borrowed it for some weeks...

Bye,

Arndt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.