Bad Head Unit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am running a self install system for past 6yrs with no problems. Suddenly about a month ago my subs stopped working. After testing here is what I found: Set up: Sony Explode Head unit independent 4guage Power line x2 x2 1.0 farad power caps Directed 750w amp connected to MTX subs 12' Bazooka 800w amp connected to Sony Explode 12' everything is grounded to a different floor bolt Head Unit--->RCA/REMBazooka---->Directed Ok so here is the noodle scratchier. If you take either amp out of the system via fuse or RCA either amp still wont run. There is some sound coming out of subs. IF you plug just either the red or white RCA in the amp works fine but the second you plug the second in the amp cuts back out. This happens on both amps. When just one RCA line is connected the sub outputs full power. I also have tryed replacing the RCA coming from head unit. At this point I am thinking something is bad in the head unit. But I dont have much $ to play test stuff. But as stated this setup has worked flawless for well over 6yrs. any help is appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.