Yamaha ns1000m crossover rebuild

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, im new to the forum this is my first post, i would like to redesign my crossovers but my diy skills are limited, ill have no problem putting them together, soldering ect, im just not sure about exactly which components i need, i know the values of the capacitors, that's about it.

Has anyone attempted this, if so did you have any success, what paticular parts should i be looking at, coils ect.

Ive attached a couple of pics i found, i pm'd the guys that built these but ive had no responce from them.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers Marty.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/martinoslice/Ns1000mcrossover2-1.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/martinoslice/ns1000mcrossover.jpg

I'm the guy that made the point to point wired crossover revisions. I have the NS-1000M schematic. Though that is somewhat misleading, as there are actually two revisions for the same speaker. At some point, Yamaha revised the crossover and the 2mH coil was revised to a 2.3mH coil, this crossover was then used also in the NS-1000x.

I have heard many speakers before and since and still, nothing comes close to the.....well, holographic presentation of the NS-1000M. When it's quiet in the house and you're using a good amp and source (I use my modded DSP-Z9 and DVP-S9000ES in pure direct analogue mode on both) you can place the position in the room of every instrument in the mix. It's addictive to hear recordings on these speakers.

When placed properly, they don't need a subwoofer at all. They can shake the house with extremely tight and defined bass. Don't underestimate that light paper woofer, it's not a weak point on the design at all. Though I would dearly love to hear a pair of NS-1000X's or NS-2000's!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.