80W Hybrid Audio Amplifier!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all !
I have this hybrid amplifier schematic with the ECC88.
So look for help with this amplifier.
Comments about this seed and the hybrid amplifiers?
Please anyone who can help with design saves PCB for schematic (Mr Alex mm help designed around the PCB, of course, if you are able-to then people enjoy your art?)!?).;):)
Thank you all and cheers !!

Attachments

• 80W Hybrid amplifier (schematic-1).jpg
    80W Hybrid amplifier (schematic-1).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 5,008
Last edited:
There is nothing to be further developed regarding this one! Design is fully functional, built and presented before 50+ audiences on last audiophile-meeting in Kragujevac on 03 of May 2014. Amp attracted significant attention for beautiful, transparent, precise and natural sound.

***Sorry, PCB files are not available exactlly because of people like RADIO and alike!!!

Last edited:
There is nothing to be further developed regarding this one! Design is fully functional, built and presented before 50+ audiences on last audiophile-meeting in Kragujevac on 03 of May 2014. Amp attracted significant attention for beautiful, transparent, precise and natural sound.

***Sorry, PCB files are not available exactlly because of people like RADIO and alike!!!

Pity boards are not available, I've been wanting to build a amplifier with tubes for quite some time now, Hybrids seem nice since I don't have output transformers.

Maybe I should look for a tube preamp instead.
Anyone have info on a nice tube preamp?

regards

Pity boards are not available, I've been wanting to build a amplifier with tubes for quite some time now, Hybrids seem nice since I don't have output transformers.

regards

Hi Vostro, see my hybrid front-end project here - Low TIM, low distortion hybrid front-end - maybe this is something you are looking for. It is fully prototyped, tested and documented.
It may be successfully used with a number of power sections, one of then is shown there in my thread, the other good option is Ostripper's Slewmonster.

More detailed measurements are available here - Measurements - Hybrid with tube

Listening impressions will be available over the weekend, though - no doubts - they don't promise to be bad ;)

Terry (still4given) will have some spare PCBs for this design.

Cheers,
Valery

Attachments

• @Tube-!Sch-02.jpg
    @Tube-!Sch-02.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 3,702
  • DSC03216.JPG
    DSC03216.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 3,376

regards

Between our illustrious family and those no longer with us we have built a few and posted all the details of a few on here.

I'll have a search and see if I can find the links but they are the Borbelly and the Impasse.

Last edited:

Can you please tell me what is the gain of the amplifier and how much feedback does it use?

Thanks

regards
Indeed it's a pity that the boards are not/cannot be available. A hybrid 80W would be nice to build. Anyway. :cool:

For preamps tube preamps, I saw a diyAudio member that has his own site showing very nice projects, like this:
DIY 6922 / E88CC Tube preamp

Hi Vostro, see my hybrid front-end project here - Low TIM, low distortion hybrid front-end - maybe this is something you are looking for. It is fully prototyped, tested and documented.
Nice! :)

Last edited:
If you are looking at post 5...

I also interpret the schematic as you do, the LTP drives the BJT MJ350 who's sole purpose is to voltage shift the signal from the high voltage front end to the lower voltage output stage. The IRF530 is the VAS and operates with a CCS load to provide a Class A amplifier driving the load through a small 47R resistor. Then the power BJTs provide a Class B/C stage driving the load through the output inductor. The inherent distortion of the BJT power stage is compensated for by the Class A stage using feedforward. Pretty neat altogether.

Hi, Valery
I've been following your thread.
As soon as Terry gets boards I'll contact him to see if he is willing to sell me a set of boards.

I'm to eager to follow his build a well.
I have new old stock of those tubes and tube sockets for them,
I'll have a closer look to see what power transformers will be needed

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.