• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Sony DAS-703ES DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Sony DAS-703ES DAC

This is a really old DAC I know. and I am curious if it still has any value? it is an odd DAC that it has 32Khz sampling rate! I have the original box for it. haven't tested it out yet. if there is no interest i will just send it to be recycled.

Will consider offers. Paypal only. no trades

Found these photos on the web to give you an idea of what it looks like. heavy bugger!

Attachments

• 703ES-1.jpg
    703ES-1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 703ES-2.jpg
    703ES-2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 294
Ah... I spotted this just today! I was searching looking one..

I'd say you could get about £150 / $240 for it - along with the CDP-552es as transport, this made one of the best CD players available at that time.

One currently on UK Ebay in poor condition for £200..

P.S. most DACs that can do 44.1/48KHz also do 32 KHz - it was a pro standard, for broadcast or such like, that was kept for many years into the 90s and beyond so that people could still connect older equipment.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.