Pioneer AVH-P5700VD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using an unfused wire jumper can result in more serious damage. The correct fuse is the only way to repair it properly. The external fused jumpers are another safe option if the owner will allow it.

Many times, you'll see the RCA cables burned the length of the vehicle. This can happen for several reasons. Pioneer has a fuse to protect the vehicle. If it blew, something happened that could have caused an electrical fire.

You can get the part from Pioneer or PacParts. The part number is CEK1286.

You are correct FU261 is defective.. I have a pioneer repair center about 5 miles away and they said they would sell me the fuse for $5.83 So im gonna stop there and grab one..

I have another CD player that has the same issue but its a dual.. Do you know if they use fues in that or shold i look for an open trace?

The dual likely has an open trace but that's a guess.

In the pioneer, if the owner is careless reinstalling it or there is a problem with an amplifier causing voltage to be driven back into the RCA shield, the fuse will blow instantly and it will appear as if you didn't repair it. Before it leaves your shop, show the owner that it reads 0 ohms between the shield and the case of the head unit. If it comes back, before you do anything to the head unit, check it while he's there to show him that it's again open.

What would be cool to do for diy installers who keep frying the trace would be to install a couple of 12v wheat grain sized bulbs with red covers inline where the rca trace blows. That way they could see when they were connecting things incorrectly and avoid frying the rca cables at the same time :lol: Not sure how bad the effect would be on audio quality but at really low voltage levels it might not be much.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.