Vintage transistor testers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most all that can test a JFET can test a MOSFET, however you may have to develop your own Good/Bad interpretation of the meter reading based on tests of known good devices.

Better yet would be to pick up one of the older curve tracers that use an oscilloscope's X-Y display, like the Leader LTC-905 and Heath IT-121/3121.

Another very affordable way to test almost any semi-conductor device is the Peak Electronics Atlas DCA55. It's not a full-blown hard-core test like a curve tracer, however it's a lot more than just a go/no-go tester--first thing I grab when presented with a suspect semi-conductor...

That's a very interesting little tester, Cliffy. I'll give it serious consideration. Not as full blown as even a regular vintage transistor tester like the Heath 3120, but hey, it's very small and does a lot.

It doesn't do transconductance for FETs, correct?

That's a very interesting little tester, Cliffy. I'll give it serious consideration. Not as full blown as even a regular vintage transistor tester like the Heath 3120, but hey, it's very small and does a lot.

It doesn't do transconductance for FETs, correct?

That is correct, nonetheless and as you indicated it is small and "does a lot" for $70 shipped it's hard to beat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.