building New amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everyone
i am quite new in this site. this is a very good site and there are many helpful active members.
i want to build a solid state guitar amp at home between 15-20 w, that will have two channels, clean and drive ,active three band equalizer and output control (and if possible Reverb in Bonus!!) so as to get 80's rock sound . so if you please help me in provide the schem. of the preamp and power amp with the material that are not obsolete today then i can make it at home.

and what care must be given in selecting a proper guitar amp speaker??

plz help

thanks friend

hey thanks for the reply.....i have checked your site via google translate. it's nice? i have also downloaded the sound clippings..... is this a complete project??

the amp output is too high for me. however what is the power consumption of it??

what changes are needed to as to change it to a 20-25 w amp.
thanks again and i will keep in touch with u as i have several queries to ask you.
paku

thanks friend

hey thanks for the reply.....i have checked your site via google translate. it's nice? i have also downloaded the sound clippings..... is this a complete project??

the amp output is too high for me. however what is the power consumption of it??

what changes are needed to as to change it to a 20-25 w amp.
thanks again and i will keep in touch with u as i have several queries to ask you.
paku

For PA you must be dimensioned slightly more generous than for HiFi
The amp has plenty of reserves, with a larger power supply around 200W feasible.

For 20W, you need only two MOSFETs in the output stage. And the transformer also needs only 2x20Volt at 80VA (for around 28V DC).
You'll also need not have as large heat sink. The metal housing may be sufficient.

The consumption at idle is relatively low.

Ive just finnished building a 2 Channel guitar Amp ..... It has a 2 channel Tube Preamp (Two 12ax7 per channel) running at 300V DC and 12.6v AC Heaters , it has a 3 band Passive EQ per channel ..... it uses 2 DPDT relays to do true bypass switching and also has LED Indicators to show what channel is selected , it uses a Footswitch ..... there is a FX Loop for my 15 Band EQ and it has a 50w LM3886 Poweramp running at +/-33vDC ......

It is all squeezed tightly into a 6in x 6in x 16in case ......

You probably aren"t interested in the Tube preamps but you might be interested in the Relay channel switching .... if you are let me know and I"ll post it for you when I get back from camping this weekend .....

Cheers

to moschfet

thanks for the reply...you are probably right ,yea i am looking for a amp that can be played at home without making mess with my neighbors. actually i mostly like to play at home cause i am not ready for the live!! so looking for a smaller amp

"For 20W, you need only two MOSFETs in the output stage. And the transformer also needs only 2x20Volt at 80VA (for around 28V DC).
You'll also need not have as large heat sink. The metal housing may be sufficient."

can you plz give me a schematic that will almost satisfy my need...
thanks again moschfet

to minion

hey thanks for the reply.......

i know what type of sound valves produce. but in my country tubes are not available that much and is extremely costly and i am also terrified with the future prospective of the use of valves. however valves are valves.....

i have few Preamps like TS,Procorat,Guvnor,DOD,Dynacomp all are home made...so i am looking for a 20- 30 watt Fully solid state construction.....may you help me........so i am, waiting for a positive reply from u.
thanks minion

My amp is to big for playing home, even with only two Mosfets.
If do you only play at home, 10 Watt are more that enough. ;)
For the Power stage you can take a TDA2030. That ist much cheaper. The money you save, you can invest into a good guitarspeaker. With a few tricks sounds the TDA2030 also not bad.

For the Power stage you can take a TDA2030. That ist much cheaper. The money you save, you can invest into a good guitarspeaker. With a few tricks sounds the TDA2030 also not bad.

And is used in vast numbers of commercial small guitar amps - nothing wrong with it at all.

Probably the easiest method is to copy the circuit of a Fender or Marshall amp which uses them - why 'reinvent the wheel'.

thanks both of you.
does the quality of amp come from speaker or power section or pre section?
what is the specialty in guitar amp speaker??

for 14 w amp what should be the speaker size and resistance for good bass effect?

can u plz suggest a good solid state based preamp that will close to valve sound.........

for tda2030 what size of heat sink is required?

thanks

The quality should be high at all ;) But the sound is primarily shaped by the preamp, then the speaker and at the end the Poweramp.

12 "are typical of guitar speaker, and they bring enough bass (at least at home). A typical guitar speaker has to 100dB and at 4-5kHz Frequency range an overshoot.

My preamp is not bad, but on runoffgroove.com, there are also nice preamps.

As a heat sink reaches a mounting plate made of aluminum, the housing for example.

Half of the reason why a Guitar amp sounds the way it does is because of the speaker ..... Guitar speakers are made to have a certain frequency curve and a frequency range of arround 50hz - 6000hz and to break up early and in a certain way ..... Hi-Fi speakers are made to have a flat frequency responce and a wider frequency range and not break up ...... you will know the difference when you hear it ......

You can get a good 12in guitar speaker for under $100 and for as low as $50 .......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.