Mcm 8" 55-2421 Ts parameter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MCM 55-2421 T/S

Hi,

Here are two different sources, you also may want to search this forum:

Regards,

Attachments

• littlemike_MCM_55_2421_TS.jpg
    littlemike_MCM_55_2421_TS.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 866
  • MCM_55_2421_blamus_TS.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 157
this wil fit in a 400 ltr cab.
haven't tought about a fold yet.
th don't agree much with these mcm.

2 mcm in series
kornny%20hornsub.jpg

agree... I usually like these in a dual driver cabinet, 8:1 compression, 4-6 liter front compression chamber FLH cabinet.

You 'can' if you are looking for an (under 100 liter per driver cabinet) get a reasonably flat TH response at about 6:1 compression.

Hi again,

Jbell, littlemike and others have beaten this driver around for quite a while. An interesting thread for a dual driver TH is:

Reed Dual MCM 2421 Tapped Horn - ShopSub - AVS Forum

Looking forward to seeing kornnylike's solution.

Regards,

AVS Forum - View Single Post - Reed Dual MCM 2421 Tapped Horn - ShopSub

yep, mike and I ping'd on the shop sub... Take a read on where the fold came from...

Mike's a good guy, he and I have traded a bunch of useful info... I blame him for some of my DIY'ness...

The problem I have with most of those folds, is they are about 60hz long at most... If you want a 40hz horn, none of them work well. The fold I came up with on the dual mcm allows 2 tapers in a square box, which is also of interest with the mcm driver.

The front chamber is the 'key' that I found for the mcm, along with 8:1 compression.

The problem I have with most of those folds, is they are about 60hz long at most... If you want a 40hz horn, none of them work well. The fold I came up with on the dual mcm allows 2 tapers in a square box, which is also of interest with the mcm driver.

The front chamber is the 'key' that I found for the mcm, along with 8:1 compression.

Jbell you are saying that the horn path of the designs I posted are too short for 35hz

Last edited:
Designs from tda audio
lets see if any of these will work

View attachment 230583

View attachment 230584

View attachment 230585

I think I might have missed your question somehow.... Are you wanting to build one of these big boxes as designed for mcm 55-2421's? and put in 8 drivers? (4 in each 18" driver location?)

Or are you looking to these designs as folding inspiration and want to make a smaller version that takes a pair of mcm's? (which is what I assumed)

It would be kinda cool I suppose to have a baby tda running mcm's... but it would take some additional horn folding to make it actually perform correctly once you scale it down from 18" drivers to 8's....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.