Has anyone tried this LM3886 amp kit from Gigawork?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks guys. Yeah, the problem with buying from Ebay is you never know what kind of components you are going to get. I decided to look around EBay since this is my first build for a long time and even though if I trash the kit with my soldering iron, my loss will be minimal.

Thanks again!

I bought a couple of very similar/identical assemblies off ebay (brand stamped on the board is Yuanjin) and they are fantastic. I don't recall what I paid, but I did the math and could barely buy the component parts for the cost of the assembly. All I did was install the boards in a salvaged case using a salvaged transformer and the requisite i/o connectors. It sounds great and has been very reliable.

In the last year I put together about a dozen of these for a local recording studio (headphone amps). They are excellent boards and sound exceptional if you replace C4 with a jumper.

They are dependable and quiet, even this one that's kind of it's own case. It replaced an Adcom 5200 for my computer nearfields (JBL Pro III's)

f.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.