Static noise in all 4 speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For a while now I've had a very annoying static noise. It comes from 4 speakers, the rear, and my two front tweeters. I assume the crossover sees this static noise as a high and skips my front woofers because of it. If I'm not mistaken, this all started happening when I screwed around with seeing if it is plausible to connect speaker RCA's to the head unit speaker wires

Now we all learn somewhere. I didn't know that having a wiring harness adapter from crutchfield that had RCA jacks on it meant my car had a built in amplifier. So when I did this there would be a loud popping noise and the head unit would flash "protect".

Eventually I have a dumb setup of using Y-adapters to plug F&R speakers into the HU pre-amp "front". Then my sub gets the two pre-amp "rear"

Now the crazy thing is that my stock stereo makes this static noise dissapear. So it's definately not blown speakers or anything..

I tried leading my aftermarket amp to a new fool proof ground straight into the frame only a foot away but that had no affect.

I'm not really sure what to do.. It's frustrating that my wiring harness leads into RCA jacks instead of speaker wire. I tested a speaker I had laying around to the taped off speaker wires that are coming from the HU to see if it would have static and it did not. So I suppose I could run new wires to the HU from every speaker but that is just a pain in the ***. Got any suggestions on what else I can do?

I contacted them a few times. While having great support this problem puzzled them just as much as me. I get the feeling that something went wrong with the head unit. Considering the factory headunit has no static noise compared to my JVC I must have done something to it when I was testing if I could tie the RCA's to speaker wires.

I do have a second JVC head unit that is exactly the same, just means taking it out of the other car. I suppose that would be the best thing I could do to find out if it is really a Head unit problem.

It's a crackling popping noise. There is a whine that can be heard as well though but not nearly as prevalent. At 0 volume there is no noise. At 1 volume the crackling static shows up. As I increase the volume there is no change in the volume of this static noise. The radio increases with the volume just fine though.

A not very noticeable thing about it, but I think the rate at which it "crackles" or pops which is already very fast, increases or decreases a bit depending on the RPM. it could just be my imagination though

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.