MyREFC untouched - Source's Experimented With

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I dont have an introductory post except to say that this thread is a bleeder thread from a MyREFC build thread. This thread is to get OT posts OnTopic in a thread about leaving the MyREFC circuit alone but experimenting with surrounding equipment, such as the source or pre and lets even throw in speakers since there has been some discussion of such.
Post away if you have posting to do.

I had mentioned some DACs I appreciate and the buffalo dacs have been brought up. I like the RE7 and RE5 from Audio GD and have heard several Sabre 32 dacs that did not keep up.
I dont know if the AUdio-GD PCM1704 beats the TP implementation of the Sabre32, but I found sibilance in the Sabre Dacs I heard at RMAF.
I sure dont want to talk about DACs and my opinion of them, but I toss out that the Audio-GD stuff is wonderful and hope you guys will investigate.
Uriah

Wow, someone still using that legendary chip! I'd love to hear one sometime against my ackodac multi that I have on the way, its supposed to be the best current implementation of the sabre32. When I have it built I'd love to hear a head to head. The problem with that older chip is finding the K variety. I found a web site that was exploring how to build a non filtered multi channel version of the 1704 dac but it would have been a very complicated build involving more tools than I have and very expensive if I could have found the Ks. The Acko and TP dacs seemed a better solution for multi channel. I don't have a myrefc looking at doing a parallel lm4780 myrefd upgrade to my current gainclone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.