Right, so can your speakers replicate this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want whatever camera they have.

Attachments

• 1278452761681.jpg
    1278452761681.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 167
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A year ago I attended a solo instruments recital in a mid size venue, (unamplified sound). One part of the recital had a solo trombone piece.
I said to myself, man will there ever be a sound system that can reproduce these sheer dynamics and sound pressure of this musical instrument without having the speaker cones blast onto the opposite wall?

<We can imagine a man attending a brass wind recital, as one not seeking for the music experience, but as one who is in need of brass and searching for it .> Bertold Brecht

A year ago I attended a solo instruments recital in a mid size venue, (unamplified sound). One part of the recital had a solo trombone piece.
I said to myself, man will there ever be a sound system that can reproduce these sheer dynamics and sound pressure of this musical instrument without having the speaker cones blast onto the opposite wall?

<We can imagine a man attending a brass wind recital, as one not seeking for the music experience, but as one who is in need of brass and searching for it .> Bertold Brecht

Right you are, a trumpet they say can reproduce 4 acoustic Watts. Do the math with normal numbers for speaker efficiency. 400 Watts or so.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I once did a folk gig with a band from Southern France, hammer dulcimer, box, hurdy gurdy, and very annoying reed instrument called a bombard. I was mixing loud for a young crowd of about 2000 with a 20K PA, and even with the channel turned off, it was still too bl***y loud.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Right you are, a trumpet they say can reproduce 4 acoustic Watts. Do the math with normal numbers for speaker efficiency. 400 Watts or so.

And I only have 15 (tube-y) watts :D

Apart from the power out of wind brass instruments, it is the huge amounts of harmonics they are capable of producing (and this depends on the blowing mode from the player).
Once, while I was listening to a Miles Davis recording, I was watching on the PC screen the spectrum.
I could easily count up to 30 harmonics of the fundamental.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.