Penguin mint tins are unobtainium now?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I searched for these all over town today. Not that I care about the mints but the tins. I know they used to be sold around here because I have seen them before. Now it appears that they are specialty items. Maybe they always were and stores were ordering them or something.

Either way, I need an alternative of the same dimension with a top that is flat. Altoids are all embossed now. The rest are unsuitable. I don't really want to order a bulk of the things. I need ideas for a local source of a similar tin. I plan to check the hobby stores tomorrow if I get a chance. Any good ideas?

That is exactly the size and style I am looking for. The problem seems to be securing them locally. I have found a place that I could buy them empty for $.89 a whack. I just hate having a whole project on hold waiting on the enclosure. I guess I can start stuffing the PCBs while I wait.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.