• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

value on volum pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

I've put in a 100 K alps volum pot in my TSE. Work well but i need to have the volum at 12 o´clock to hear anything.. and if i want it loud i have it at 5 o´clock..

Can i change the value of the pot so i don't need to have it so high? 50K? 25K?

Thanks //Daniel

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi all.

I've put in a 100 K alps volum pot in my TSE. Work well but i need to have the volum at 12 o´clock to hear anything.. and if i want it loud i have it at 5 o´clock..

Can i change the value of the pot so i don't need to have it so high? 50K? 25K?

Thanks //Daniel

A vol pot works by tapping off a portion of the full signal and sending it to your amp. A hi value pot at 12 o'clock taps of the same fraction as a low value pot at 12 o'clock, so this makes no difference in your case.

The problem that you are having is that either your source doesn't give off enough signal, or the amp has to low gain, or the speakers are very inefficient. You need to figure out which it is before you can select a solution to it.

jan didden

ok, thanks for your answers :)

I use my computer as a source.. I have an external usb sound card (BEHRINGER UCA222). Don't know if it give off enough signal..anybody know?
And i'm about to buy new speakers :) have looked at monitor audio (90dB/W) and AudioVector (91dB/W).. maybe to hard to drive?

Thanks //Daniel

ok, thanks for your answers :)

I use my computer as a source.. I have an external usb sound card (BEHRINGER UCA222). Don't know if it give off enough signal..anybody know?
And i'm about to buy new speakers :) have looked at monitor audio (90dB/W) and AudioVector (91dB/W).. maybe to hard to drive?

Thanks //Daniel

Did you check to see if the vol control was wired in reverse?

Don't know if it give off enough signal..anybody know?
If you have multimeter, measure the AC voltage at the analog output of the sound card when playing 1KHz sine wave and let us know.

Take a look at these brands.
Gedlee
Parker Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.