Audio Alto with MA drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mark,

Looking at last Hi-Fi SHOW LJUBLJANA 2010 pic gallery I was stunned when I saw showroom of a new Slovenian loudspeaker manufacturer. It looks to me that all their loudspeakers are using your drivers but there is no info that could confirm that on their website Audio Alto. Can you confirm that?

Cheers

04.jpg

You can count the number of commercially available drivers that were designed for omnidirectional speakers on one hand. With several fingers left over.

Let's see Ohm A / F, German Physiks

does thumb count, if so I'll need to pull it out ....

as for drivers for DIYers, that's a very small number indeed

the only true omni's I've heard is the Ohm F, and certainly interesting, but even more impractical for a lot of folks than a dipole planar

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Let's see Ohm A / F, German Physiks
does thumb count, if so I'll need to pull it out ....
as for drivers for DIYers, that's a very small number indeed
the only true omni's I've heard is the Ohm F, and certainly interesting, but even more impractical for a lot of folks than a dipole planar

Even Ohm Fs are not truly omni... vertical radiation is restricted. The MBL have similar restrictions.

Last i knew you could buy the DDD "Ohm F" driver. Very dear indeed thou.

dave

It could be done, in theory, by moving around a hyperSphere (4 spatial dimensions) in & out of our 3D world. Need some break thrus in Physics for that thou.

dave

well, I just watched John Carter of Mars* on the PVR last night, so I know that what we consider the constraints of time / space are really just our limited imagination ;)

*actually another example of just how far the SOTA of digital image making has progressed in the past decade - much of the action was laughable, but the visuals were quite a lot of fun - and if nothing else made me think about asking wife to rethink her attitude about tattoos

back to our regularly scheduled programming

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.