• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Geddes 15" waveguides, foamplugs, B&C DE250 drivers, HF filter & schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Geddes 15" waveguides, foamplugs, B&C DE250 drivers, HF filter & schematics

I have for sale a pair of Earl Geddes 15" OS waveguides with a foamplug, B&C DE250 drivers, assembled HF filter and the full schematics they were sold with.

All you need to get a clone of a well known design is a B&C 15TX100 driver, cabs and LF filter.

Now that I've finished these clones, I found them very good for the costs paid. I'm using them as a stop gap between two more advanced horn designs as the new multi-way ones will not be finished in a year or so. Still I want to improve the waveguide quality so I want to build a similar one just out of plywood or MDF. I also want to improve the part's quality in the HF filter.

That is the reason for sale. I'm selling the whole set because that's how I've bought it at Audio Circle about a year ago. I can also sell it without a B&C driver if you have one or can get cheaper. The rest has to go as a package - a waveguide, a foamplug, a HF filter and schematics.

The whole package cost me $1080 and I'd like to get back as much as possible. I'm open for reasonable offers.

These are extremely rare and almost never appear for sale. I got mine in actual bidding over the asking price.

I didn't pay transcontinental freight otherwise the price will be much higher as the WGs aint small at all and I was originally quoted around from DHL and UPS to deliver them from the US.

I'm based in Europe (Belgrade) so this is an opportunity a) to get an unobtainum WGs b) to skip astronomic US-EU freight fees for large parcels.

Here's the text of the original ad where I've bought them:

"Geddes Summa 15-inch Waveguides (Pair)
Pair of Geddes 15-inch Waveguides with patented foam plugs. These are the exact waveguides contained in the Summa loudspeaker that has received rave reviews from audiophiles the world over. The current compression driver mounted on these waveguides is the B&C DE-250 (16 ohm version) and I am also offering a high-pass crossover that is the exact Summa high pass (900 Hz crossover point) version made with air core coils and polypropelene caps with point-to-point wiring. The crossovers (not pictured) are in small boxes and include a 16 ohm, 100W LPAD to control the volume of the compression driver since it is incredibly efficient. The Geddes schematic is included.
This combination of waveguide, foam plug, compression driver, and Geddes designed crossover must be heard to be believed. Their CD design provides a huge sweet spot with electrostatic transparency and perfect tonal balance. The compression driver also provides incredible efficiency and high SPL capability."

Pics from the original ad:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;picture=33101

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;picture=33103

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;picture=33102

I can also consider selling the whole speaker which is fully assembled out of 2" MDF for the costs involved. It only hasn't been painted/veneered but it can be done on request or sold as it is.

Thanks for looking, will be happy to answer any questions via PM.

Last edited:
these are back for sale, now only as an assembled fully working speakers in unpainted 2" MDF boxes. offers in the region of 1900 euros plus packing & shipping (europe only), which is about 20% of the cost of the new. happy to answer any questions or to send pics.

gordan (at) b92.net

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.