KA-3020SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Forum members,

I'm new here, hope you can help and this is the correct place to post

I've recently purchased a KA-3020SE amp made by Kenwood. I have a few problems with it.

1) Should be easy to solve - The Vol pot is noisy, so am going to use contact cleaner.

2) The bigger problem - The left channel is great. The right channel is always much lower volume and sometimes crackles. Also when the volume is zero I get some music through the right speaker still (nothing through left - as it should be). So the fault seems to be with the right channel.

Are the two faults linked? e.g. is it just the vol pot needs cleaning or is there something that needs replacing like capacitors?

I have a pdf of the schematics but it seems to miss off the parts list and some of the circuit diagrams. The person that scanned didn't do a very good job! does anyone have a better copy?

Thanks for your help. I'm new to this HiFi DIY as you can probably tell!!:p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.