Hypex PSU HG and T-Net Caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everybody,
I'm going to build a dual mono UcD180HG HxR amplifier with linear power supply (2x UcD Supply HG Mono + 2x TR180 transformers). I'd like to improve a little the design right from the start and so I'm thinking to use T-Network caps. Now, I'm an absolut beginner, my skills are no more than just be able to connect the boards together and do some very simple solder joints.
That said, I did not really understand if there's a simple way to just put these T-net caps between the supply boards and the UcD180 boards without any other advanced tweak (I mean modify or even build a new power supply), something like just connect one 10000 uF 63 V 4 pole cap per side (for a total of 2 caps, one for the right channel and one for the left). Is that possible? I studied a lot the (many) past threads here on diyaudio about the use of the 4 pole caps but have not found anything about an upgrade of the Hypex power supply. Would be correct to run a wire from the + and - of the power supply board to the corresponding inputs of capacitor, and then from the + and - outputs of the capacitor to the inputs of the UcD board (each channel independent)? But what about the ground?

Probably the above connection has no sense or it's even totally wrong (please say something...) but assuming that may be "technically" acceptable (i.e. doesn't destroy the amplifier or explode the whole house), would make sense to have some advantages in terms of performance? Or would be totally useless or even worse?

Sorry for my poor english and, mostly, for my ignorance in electronics.

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.