School projeck help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Is it any good ? I can't answer that without seeing the thing for real. Quality of components etc etc...

The TDA7294 is bridgeable so if it follows the proper design rules etc then it should at least work.

A 24/0/24 tranny should be fine giving -/+34 volts DC.

For a school project, it should work.
It helps if it does not work perfectly. That allows you to express your knowledge on how it could be improved if you can use your knowledge to find out "why" it does not work perfectly, thus showing your "understand" the operation.

Even more challenging and useful but time consuming is if it does not work. Finding the error/s and correcting them will really show how much better you are than your peers. But this is a dangerous one. You may run out of time and not find the errors and have to present a non-functioning amplifier with a long dissertation on what you did to check what might be wrong and what steps you took to identify the error/s.

Axel:
AndrewT makes some very good points.
What is the nature of your school project? If you could post the guidelines that your teacher has given for the project- the purpose and how you will be 'marked' on the results, it would help people to give you advice.

If you need to display some basic electronics knowledge, it might be easier if you bought a (DC) power supply module from eBay to use with your transformer. Then you could build a simple amplifier using discrete components (transistors) instead of using a 'chip'. If you are asked to explain the workings of the TDA7294 chip, the answer will be quite complicated.....

Hi i allready have orderd the card now, my intention was from the beggining to make an amp using the tas5630 and make pcb and that sort of stuff, but the time ran out and i needed something to finnish the projeck, but later on i shall finnish the bord so i can learn me some more about it. But now i hope the amp will work,but we will se.
Best regards Axel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.