Hello from Montana (and I need some help with a TV)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone. I have a Polaroid LCD-2000 TV. Here is the problem: When I plug it in it immediatly powers on. The buttons don't seem to work on the TV (and I don't have a remote to test otherwise). After taking it apart, there does not seem to be anything I can see visually on the "button board". It does have power to it, because it does light up. I just don't know what the problem could be. Anyone have any thoughts of where I should check next? Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forum!.........Isaac?
Did you do a some research into this TV set? A brief search turned up some power supply issues that I found ....among them a PS that is "weak", prone to premature failure. The PS is the "brick" that is the power cord plugged into the wall.
You really need to take the unit as a whole to a service center.......you should also try to obtain a replacement remote as a lot of functions are accessable only thru the remote. Trying to walk you thru fixing your set can get really deep...& we don't know your skill level quite yet. Perhaps when/if you take the unit to get fixed......you could hang around the technician while he services the thing.....you probably won't get to, but its worth a try & you might learn something along the way.

_____________________________________________________Rick.........

There is a logic voltage marked on the power board usually Power Up or On that goes from high to low or vice versa from power to logic in order to power up TV.
It could be also marked Stand by, so when you press power this voltage ( probably 5 V DC ) goes Hi To Lo or opposite.
Can you confirm if this works?
Also side buttons usually have separate connector going to main so if you disconnect that and TV does not power up on its own than the problem is coming from side buttons.
Also remote sensor has a separate cable going to main so if you disconnect this and TV still powers up the problem comes from IR sensor board.
If you disconnected side button and remote and still TV power up than it's the logic voltage that is not at the right level. This could be coming from power supply board(most likely). Although in same rare ocassions could be main logic that "thinks" it has to power up although it hasn't received command.
In this case I would try measuring mentioned volatge without main connected to check if power board does it correctly. Multimeter should be sufficient for this. Without schematics for main and power the easiest solution would be board swap for offending board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.