Pure Player

Hello,

My belief is that most audio player software for Windows sound quite bad and this fact made me develop my own music player. It's free and you may download it from http://pure.truefreehost.com/pureplayer.zip (copy the url to your browser). Very simple, possibly full of bugs (early alpha version), but i believe it worths an audition... :)

Installation instructions:

.NET 4 framework required (for the GUI, the core is written in pure fast C)

Unzip pureplayer folder to c or any path without spaces.
Copy PurePlay Shortcut to Desktop and doubleclick it.
Press the "Readme" button :)

Looking forward for your reviews...

I just checked the link and the zip file, everything seems OK.
You have to copy the link to your browser, not click it (i don't know why)

This players splits playback into 3 serial steps:

1) Decode to wav (rip in case of CD)
2) Load all file to RAM and close all handles to the wav file
3) Playback in HIGH process priority

The first reviews where very positive. Please try again

Hi,

I got it to work, really you need to paste the instructuon form readme file here. After executing this file I can only play tracks from Cd. i need to play files from files.

Instructions on installation is here to those willing to try again,

After extraction, then
Copy pureplayer folder to a short path without spaces (example c:\pureplayer)

Copy PurePlay_Shortcut to your Desktop and double click it.

Hi,

I am now playing your player on my system, the music reproduction is very revealing(a lots of details output yet smooth), more testing required, I have listened to many players from Mac and Win 7 including these:
Audirvana
Fidelia
Pure music for MAc
Decibel
J. River
Foobar

your player shows some promises please continue with your good effort so far, more work needs to be done. So far your player reproduces sound "similar" to those from MAC players on my iMac computer.

Hello,

On Mp3, I get "unknown file, trying SOX" and nothing happens.

On CD, the program checks each track and I have to reboot to escape.

but for the sound, I wonder if it's not better than Foobar, really nice, clear and detailed.

It needs a better interface to make the comparisons easier.

Hi,

I believe your music player running on Windows 7 has potential, you suggested by removing unnecessary services would further improve sound reproduction, one of the utility you may like to have a look is Fidelizer, refer to the website below:

Windows X's Live | Fidelizer

rather than developing a similar s/w you want want to further develop your s/w around this s/w, i.e. Fidelizer I find it to be very useful. My knowledge in the coding of s/w is rather limited and I cannot gauge how good this s/w is, I am sure you find it interesting and could recommend it to use in conjunction with Pureplayer.

Cheers looking forward towards future development, more input on the sound reproduction, as I said before it is very revealing compared to Foorbar and J. River, if use with brighter equipment I am afraid it can be very tiring to listen to.

@ttan98: Thanks for the review, the comments and your time. This is just an alpha version, more work will be done... I am using M2tech hiface and this player makes sound much more clear and natural.

@Radugazon: Please wait some seconds, it decodes the mp3 to wav... For CD the same, it rips the tracks, select Plat CD Mixed Mode.

@ttan98: Thanks for the review, the comments and your time. This is just an alpha version, more work will be done... I am using M2tech hiface and this player makes sound much more clear and natural.

I am using iMac running Audirvana Version 7.2 now, if you can make your player to sound and interface like it I think you are doing an excellent job. To me Audirvana sounds really good now.