Is This Possible? Am I Crazy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'll apologize in advance as I am a guitarist with a limited knowledge of audio electronics. But here is my dilemma...

I have a blending preamp that I use to blend the two pickups in my acoustic guitar. The preamp has two inputs and an eq/gain/volume for each channel and then a mono output. I would like to mod this preamp so that one channel bypasses all of the eq/gain/volume adjustments and simply blends to the other signal. The other channel would function normally. Is something like this even possible? Is it difficult? The preamp is a K&K Dual Channel for anyone wondering..

If you wondering why I wish to bypass the EQ and whatnot in channel is because the phase is being inverted which is causing feedback problems and I have no phase button to flip it. The second reason being the unit is definitely coloring the sound of this particular pickup.

Maybe there is an easier way around this whole thing? What I want is one pickup to go through an EQ and the other to remain flat but both signals to be blended.

Does this all sound reasonable or am I just insane? Lawl

Any input is appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.