• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Wanted...design for D3a triode strapped driving 45

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wondering of anyone has seen a schematic for an RC coupled D3a triode strapped driving a 45 output stage. I have all the parts collected to build the Bugle 45 and have been sitting on them for a while now. I am very interested in this D3a tube and thought it might be interesting to try it in place of the SRPP in the Bugles original design. Any thoughts on this, maybe a schematic someones seen or even maybe someone has already done this?
Thanks,
Jeff

Didn't you build a D3a + 300b last year?

jeff

No, kicked the idea around for a while, came real close, Ended up building the JEL 300DX. Still have that same set of D3a sitting on the shelf.

In fact, since the time I did the OP here today I managed to find some of those old threads and ideas you mention. I couldn't remember where those D3a designs originated but found them again at Audio Design Guide.

I think I am going to try using his original driver circuit for the "New 2A3" and just substitute the output stage with the Bugles 45. If it doesn't work well I can just revert to the SRPP with the 6072...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.