Dynaco PAS Preamp - Complete Rebuild

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally finished up my PAS rebuild, it's been months coming. I chose to use reproductions of the original PAS 3 boards from eBay and rather than recreate the selenium rectifier with standard capacitors, I used the ClassicValve PAS Regulated Power Supply. I/O board and RCAs were sourced from Tubes4HiFi, Transformer from TriodeElectronics, Elma switch from PercyAudio, Alps pots from Mouser, resistors and caps from Sonicraft, etc. etc.

PAS-8.jpg

PAS-7.jpg

PAS-4.jpg

PAS-3.jpg

Be sure to check out all the build notes here: DIY Audio Electronics from Zynsonix.com: Complete Restoration of a Dynaco PAS Pre Amp

Thanks :) It sounds surprisingly nice for such a simple circuit. It's probably not the last word in detail, but if that were my objective I would have likely started elsewhere ;)

I've sure you've been on the receiving end of a zap from a CRT tube Tony. I've had the experience once and it's not something I would like to reproduce :p . I take good precaution when testing things these days. This little bugger has a little over 300V that it can zap you with.

The only bits left of the original are the chassis, a few of the screws... and that's about it. I did find a generous guy on AudioAsylum who sold me a pair of blend switches for a few bucks. One was a little worse for wear, but I was able to make use of the other one. I was able to find new owners for the old boards, strange plexi RCA boards and front panel.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.