• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

HV AC Selector Switch Rating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am planning on using the Edcor XPWR144 (which has had some banter related to it in these parts) in my Simple SE. I would like to use the two different HV taps, as the transformer is wired 380-320-0-320-380. My first thought is to use a DPDT switch, run each tap to each side and the common pole to the rectifier. However, the 6A 125v rating on the switch has me worried.

If I -never- flip the switch while power is applied, am I ok? I suspect the problem is more related to arcing while breaking a connection as opposed to melting or breaking down internally as the dielectric rating is 1000v. But, I'm no EE and I just want to make sure...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.