Help with ID'ing Griffin Loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, new to this forum and hoping for some help in identifying a set of Griffin Loudspeakers I acquired recently.

From the little I can find here, it appears they may be Model 27's, can anyone confirm?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Happy to remove drivers and get serial numbers if required - the cabinets have labels on the back stating "Griffin Loudspeaker Model:" with no visible number stated, also "Left" and "Right".

Thanks,
Steve

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
My entire knowledge of Griffin is in the thread that i linked. One of the posters worked at the factory.

There is nothing to say that with a small company models "progressed" over time.

Your boxes are substantially larger than the one in the thread... yours also looks to have the higher end Coles 4001.

The post in which you pulled the dual ports from has some significant (or missing info) The sensitivity is certainly not as stated, but they could be the numbers pulled from the KEF data sheets where sensitivity is specified with pink noise at 10V in (B200 for instance comes to 96 dB at those levels)

dave

Thanks again Dave. I'm not fussed about the sensitivity (and always take any quoted single figures with a tonne of salt, unless they're backed up with SPL charts). Simply want to satisfy my curiosity about these beasts and glean a little of their history, of which there seems precious little on the information superlayby.

Steve

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The Griffin speakers appear to be the Aperiodic Model 27,which was described as an aperiodic reflex enclosure.My reference lists the speaker complement as; KEF B200,bass,T52 dome mid/treble and Coles STC 4001K tweeter.Dimensions,29.8 x 27.9 x 59 cm.

I have a pair of the Griffin 27 'Aperiodic' speakers on the original Griffin springy stands and somewhere I have the original spec sheet that came with them. I can't get to either at present due to building work, but should be able to post pictures or a copy of the spec sheet if anyone is interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.