Visual on Frequency Generation off Cone, Dust Cap and or Whizzer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Request: Man Seeking Visual/Graphic on FR Frequency Generation off Cone, Dust Cap and or Whizzer.

This can be free-air/open baffle or mounted in a box, sealed or ported...........I cannot find a thing on my own. I'm hoping there is a GIF or video with a strobe light (or smoke) which illustrates this. Perhaps maybe even a computer generated animation used in educational circles is floating around the Internet.

1. It is my understanding that the high frequencies off a conventional dynamic driver emanate from the center, off the voice coil and transfer outward through the cone to the rim/edge. The edge where the rubber/foam surround is generates the deepest bass, the middle frequencies come off the middle of the cone (right?).

2. However on whizzers with the free edge sticking up in the air with no surround, it is the rim top edge where most of the high frequencies emanate from (right?).

Please feel free to correct any of my statements, they are not stated as facts, only as my current understanding.

A picture or video would go a long way towards helping me understand this topic.

I still have not found anything on the actual cone. However what is shown below is close. I'm still looking for something which applies to Full-Range drivers and any "skin effect" of frequency change on the cone/cap and distance from center to edge.

Just having the correct terms will allow me to do a better search. What is the term or phrase I should be working with?

September 2009 - Posts - Tech Blog
LowFreqRadiation.gif

MediumFreqRadiation.gif

HighFreqRadiation.gif

Edit: getting closer..................?

Choosing an Ultrasonic Sensor for Proximity or Distance Measurement Part 2: Optimizing Sensor Selection | Sensors
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Simeon: Omnipanel speakers
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Green Mountain Audio - Time-and-Phase-Coherence

Attachments

• Cone breakup.jpg
    Cone breakup.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Kach 221,
only a few frequencies from a cone speaker is made by a "Kolben" movement, the T+S area and above, than it comes a "Schubbereich" working, than bendigwave area,
than a multiple faced array, the highest tones are made only by the voice coil.
Your last pic shows the Manger driver, AFAIK on the manger HP there are
shown laser holographic pictures where you can see the "movement" of the Manger.

Thank you for the additional search terms hm.

I'll post what I find later on, a few other things are on my plate right now.

Manger - Precision in Sound

The images made with laser Doppler vibrometrics show the concentric wave movement of the bending wave diaphragm at various frequencies.

Manger

Is "kolben" German for piston?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.