2SK1529_2SJ200 markings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not clear on the Vgs classification markings on these. Data sheet shows 2 versions: O & Y.
Sellers mostly seem to only list these devices as 2SJ200 or 2SK1529 with no mention of the O or Y. Also, no mention of the "P" on the data sheet.

What do the 3 different markings in the photos represent?
Is the "PY" the same as "Y"?
The middle photo must be the "O" version, correct?
thanks-

Attachments

• J200 P Y_K1529 P Y.jpg
    J200 P Y_K1529 P Y.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 157
  • K1529_J200.jpg
    K1529_J200.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 146
  • K1529Y_J200Y.jpg
    K1529Y_J200Y.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 143
Hi Dave,

yes, according to Toshiba's datasheet, there is only Y and O on VGS classification. The 1st picture looks suspicious and smells nasty, probably fakes. On the second pic are definitely counterfeits but on the 3rd are probably genuine transistors. Anyways, I would avoid those transistors with PY markings. ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hello, and thanks for the reply. I was not suspecting fake parts, but I guess it could be possible. I have several from a reliable source with the PY markings, so I’ll assume it is some other variation or grading for now.
I assume they were also manufactured at a few different plants with many different date codes, so there is all sorts of room for small marking variations.
Dave

Hi WuYit, and thanks for your information,
I'm not sure about the lead-free designation. Could it be just the P? It is difficult to find older catalogs of Toshiba devices that show the markings used, and I could not find an older lead-free standard that gave me any new information. I looked at photos of about 20 older similar Toshiba devices, and many did not have a "P", or a line. If the P equals an older lead-free marking, I would think it would show up on other devices.

I am also not sure how the "O" version is marked, only because I have never seen one. I was hoping the center photo was an example, thinking maybe Toshiba only marked the "Y" devices.

Maybe this whole thing is just a stupid question :), but I like to know the details.

I am going to email some brick and mortar businesses with the question. I just want to insure that all the devices I purchase are the same classification.
Dave

Dave,
the Vgs classification is given by one single letter "O" or "Y". P is present on some other P-channel types.
The lot number consists of manufacturing year and month, the underline means lead-free, like in picture #3, those are certainly genuine.
Devices not manufactured by Toshiba should be considered worthless.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.