How to turn my Dantimax spdif RX into a DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey it is me again.. the one from the exploding volume board and other interesting newbee actions. Ive got a nice one again today.

Iam building a gainclone integrated amp from the audiosector lm 3875 premium kit. When / if I find out how to get my remote volume control board to work instead of explode, my amp will actually be equiped with a remote controlled volume.
Another addition is gonna be a optical input with dac to directly connect the home cinema system. I could of course have gone with Peter's own highly praised DAC, but being stubborn and stupid I bought a SPDDIFRX reciever board from Dantimax.

I got a bit suspicious when I read in the manual: connect the output to a DAC. Ooopss.... it turns out that it "just" converts the input signal to a serial pcm datastreams, a masterclock, a bit clock and a word clock....

So should I abandon this and go ahead and build a complete DAC or keep this and maybe ad something to that to actually turn it into a DAC>?

Kind regards
Erik

Attachments

• reciever board.jpg
    reciever board.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 59
  • dac manual.pdf
    133 KB · Views: 52
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.