Cartridge advice Pickering XSV3000 or AT LS500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hey all, I put in a Buy It Now price for a Denon DP-62L on epay, and while waiting (I didn't think my price would be accepted), bought a JVC QL-7 locally. As luck would have it, my offer was accepted for the Denon, and now I am a proud owner of both tables.

The JVC is pristine - not a scratch, but had the drooping counterweight that has since been fixed. It has the Pickering XSV3000 and, like the table, is very clean.

The Denon was filthy. The cover was cracked, but I knew this. For some reason the previous owner put in a new signal cable and mis wired one channel. the signal and ground were reversed. It was a simple fix, and after cleaning her off, looks totally beautiful. The Denon also came with a AT LS500 Cartridge that looked like it had gone to hell and back. I cleaned th stylus off of all the crud and reset the tracking force, and cartridge alignment.

Anyway, after hearing both, the Denon sounds a little nicer to me...

Anyone have any input on these carts? I know they are both 20+ years old, but I want to get some opinions...

Joined 2005
Paid Member
To make things even more complicated, just bought a friend's Shure V15 IV cartridge....he used it for a short while years ago before going to the Shure V15 V, so low hours. Looks clean...

Anybody with an opinion on any of these three??

BTW - sold my B&O MMC3 cartridge to fund the Shure...got $160 for teh B&O and was quite surprised!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.