Greetings from Poland!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody. I decided to joint your fanatic forum because I feel I’m going to be audio fanatik step by step.But never audiophile ;)

I have an electronic background but just with silicon parts. Now I’m trying to tame tubes.

Just for the beginning I built tube preamplifier – you can take a look on some pics located on the polish forum: http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1653671.html or movie YouTube - DIY Tube buffer based on ECC82

Now (2010/2011) I’m building PP tube amplifier 4 x EL34 – Grommes 260A. Here is the page of this project:
Gegentakt-Verstärker in AB-Betrieb für EL34 / 6L6GC

You will be able to find some pics on the forum – report from building.

Generally I’m fan of DIY – it is my way to reduce stress correlated with my job. I did a lot of electronic gadgets, HAM transceivers, mechanical things and last time astronomic telescope also. I have more fun to built than to use it, but it’s really pride to put life to “nothing” and very often it works better than commercial thing. In the past (when I was schoolboy or student) I did some gadgets because it was cheaper than commercial ones, but now with CE (China Export) there is no reason to do DIY except fun, pride, customization or hobby.

My plan:

• PP tube amplifier (ongoing)
  • Tube preamplifier with tone control
  • High quality DAC (probably I will insert to it some tubes also - I love tubes)
  • finally I’m thinking about DIY horn speakers (currently I have basic but quite nice JAMO S606)– but first I have to build house…:D there is no enough space at my current flat :dunno:

So to finalize – hello everybody. Let’s kick off adventure with some more complicated AUDIO projects!

Janusz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.