Need help with mic preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am building a mic preamp for measurement mic. I am trying to build rod elliot's project 93. The schematic i am building with is figure 6 which is found here Recording and Measurement Microphones

I am using a 9V battery to power it. In the page he says that C5 and C6 should be reversed when using battery power. Is reversing C6 correct ? Its like the positive of C6 is connected to ground. I am confused if it should be this way.

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Thanks for clarifying. I have built the mic preamp and I am using it. I paired it with a projects unlimited mic. The specs are here AOM-4544L-R

The mic works only when i hold the mic close enough. I actually built the mic to do some measurements of my speaker. I think the mic preamp does not have enough amplification. Is it possible to increase the gain or is this mic just can't be used ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.