Donate a merry Christmass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

As some may have noticed in the OT thread, I got an idea for helping an old friend.

The background story is that she has all the issues one could ever think of, and a few more. She recently (quite predictable unfortunately) lost her relationship and home as well. So now she is living in a shelter with her son, making two ends meet on a social pension thingie.

Anyhow, now that we all are sobbing, I'll get to the point: :D

One of her pleasures in life is music, and she sure would be happy to have just about any stereo.
You may wonder why I don't just give her one, but I would honestly prefer that it was reasonably anonymous, so that she would not have to feel in debt to anyone, me in particular, as she has no chance to repay anyone ever.

The reason for this being in the Pass section, is that this is where people know me.

Cheers

Magura :D

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Magura, I would be willing to donate and send over a set of drivers. None of these might be ideal for a rockin lady.
I have Mark Audio CHR-70 2nd generation, and a mismatched pair of full range Radio shack 1354, imitation fostex FE-103s, unused. If someone can build her a cabinet, or has one, that might be of interest.

Alternatively, if someone wants to purchase these speaks, all proceeds can go to an account of Magura's choosing.

Thanks, Itsmee.

So what is needed?

An amp
A pair of speakers
Some cables (speaker and interconnects)

She has a DVD player to use as source.

What has to be mentioned though is the rather limited premises she lives at, so small'ish speakers and relatively low power amps are fine.

So far Teabag has offered a pair of Fe-103 like drivers, which may be a fine solution. What bothers me a bit, is that Teabag lives in a "kingdom" far far away....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'll see what I can do - I have some olde one way Philips spks in boxes ; to my ears - best ever 6,5" FR Philips I had opportunity to hear ;
I need to change flex wires , but I'm pretty sure that rest is well .

everything else in my possession is either in parts donating or just parts shape

amp ...... I need time for that , but you can count on me

Itsme has made a rather generous donation of cash, so to make this happen, somebody whom are willing to throw together something from their parts bin, is what's seriously lacking by now.
Anybody whom builds anything, can have whatever parts I have for the build.

Choky, have you checked up on shipping, prior to putting in a lot of effort?

I do realize that time is running short, if this must be sorted before Christmas, but I would think that even if this comes to her sometime in January, she will be very appreciative.

Cheers

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Metalkidoe

I just checked - shipping via Greedy Serbian Post & Customs is good part of pair of JBL Control 1

pretty nice spks for 100+ E ; I hope you can grab them in Danskeland for that amount

speedy solution

little bass driver is working FR , with just small amount of BSC

and tweet is there just for , well , little tweeting

and - then maybe small T amp ( there are some decent ones , for not much money ) - that will be enough for warm hearts , in first time

Too bad you're not closer. I have a commercial set of bookshelf speakers that I could send but I'm afraid they wouldn't be there on time. I think overseas packages were supposed to be mailed by a week ago. Let me know if it's OK if they are late.

Thanks for chiming in Cal.

The original idea was that people around here, who had something in the parts bin, could send it out, and we could match a complete system.
Shipping big stuff like amps and speakers, from half way around the globe, makes 90% of the donation, a donation for the postal services :)

So anything bigger than a cable or the like, should at worst be from Europe.

Now I have been asked about a Paypal a few times, so I'm gonna take the chance and post it here, and hope it does not drown in spam.

diyaudio(at)gmail.com

Thanks again everybody.

Metalkidoe

I just checked - shipping via Greedy Serbian Post & Customs is good part of pair of JBL Control 1

pretty nice spks for 100+ E ; I hope you can grab them in Danskeland for that amount

speedy solution

little bass driver is working FR , with just small amount of BSC

and tweet is there just for , well , little tweeting

and - then maybe small T amp ( there are some decent ones , for not much money ) - that will be enough for warm hearts , in first time

That's what I thought.....

Anyhow do you know of a respectable T-amp that can be bought in Europe, in case nobody finds a chip amp or the like in their parts bin?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.