Identify vintage tube radio parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone tell me what these are?
I think they´re from an old Radionett Kvintett stereo radio.

Some sort of line input/output transformers?

When it comes to tube gear im completely lost. Throw away or try out? :)

Attachments

• parts_1.jpg
    parts_1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 83
  • parts_2.jpg
    parts_2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 78
The one one the left might be IF (intermediate frequency) modulation coils for possible the 10.7 mhz or the something khz superhet mixer stages. Miller coils used to make these, I have one I picked up for $.50 and haven't found a use for. You could possible sell this off on an antique radio repair website.
On the right, there are a zillion non-standard transformers. I have built a jig involving fuses in and out, a 24 VAC transformer, a wall plug , test jig and series resistor (6 ohm 130 watt), for testing transformers at 60 hz to see what winding ratio they are. If heavy containing iron, might be 60 hz, if light, maybe some other frequency. New 60 hz transformers are so expensive now, with everybody going to xxxxxx hz switchers that might emit RF to your audio, that it is becoming worthwhile to examine old junk transformers for function instead of buying new ones.

Last edited:
So thats a no go on the hook it up to 24v then? :)

I also found some tubes and and two output transformers. Brimar ECL86, Phillips Miniwatt ECH81 + ECC85 and two more im not sure about. I think one are Tesi EM84.

I should be able to use some of these to make a tube buffer for my DAC, but... 50 year old tube parts in a DAC? Maybe better if I get one of ebay so I dont wreck a lot of vintage parts others might want.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.