• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

2A3 TSE blown Fuse and MOSFET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To 2A3 TSE amp. gurus,

I built 2A3 TSE about a year ago, just now it blown fuse and Q1,Q2 MOSFET. I replace them with new type 2SK3563Q and also change 30K ohms resistors for resistor R14, R25.

Now I start to do the check out for it and observe the B+ is 380V, just 5AR4 rectifier tube. In the power supply I have 4.7uF/450V for C4, choke 6H/150 ohms for R4 and 150uF/450V for C5. Is it normal or too high? Because the 2A3plate voltage is 300V max. I don't want to toast the 2A3 tubes.

Regards,

Binh

Rknize,
thank you for your assistance. When I do the adjust of the bias pots (R12 or R23), I have wierd reading. According to the check out procedure I should have negative voltage from the grid of output tubes to the ground. From reading I have -70V on R12 but +326V on R23. Could you tell me what I should do next?

I've had a problem with Sovtek 2A3 in my TSE. Here's a discussion. It has to do with its current draw. What brand is your 2A3?

Rknize,
thank you for your assistance. When I do the adjust of the bias pots (R12 or R23), I have wierd reading. According to the check out procedure I should have negative voltage from the grid of output tubes to the ground. From reading I have -70V on R12 but +326V on R23. Could you tell me what I should do next?
What are the readings at R7 and R30 (per this instruction)?

Rknize,

Does the voltage on the grid change when you adjust R23? If so, I would double-check your work on (and the value of) R25. If all seems well, check the gate voltage on both FETs (either at the coupling cap or at R15/26.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.