How could I remote turn on a sure 4x100W amp in a car setup?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I am from Germany and during a recent visit to Arizona I purchased two of the sure 4x100 W amps. They run nicely so far, one at home and since yesterday I have one in my car driving the mid/high section of my frontspeakers.

There is one major issue using them in the car though: I can not switch them on via remote like the rest of my equipment. Now I would not be happy with simply putting a relay (is relay correct for a triggered switch?) in the power supply line. I spotted a 5V regulator on the board. What is it there for? - Any chance to switch the 5V line to power off the board?

Any other suggestions?

Many thx!
Nico Berndt

Hi,

sory I didn't reply earlier - I wasn't notified of responses..

I just thought such a big relay would not be very elegant if there was a smarter way. Worst case I would have to go for it, sure..

Having the amp drawing power at all times does not sound to good, but I'll check the datasheet, thx for the hint.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.