Celestion Ditton 662 crossover specs needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've recently purchased a pair of Celestion ditton 662 speakers, one of the tweeters was dead and a replacement is on it's way. I used to have access to a pair of ditton 44s and these definitely seem like a big step up from those, overall I'm very pleased with them despite the blown tweeter.

The good speaker sounds utterly amazing and all the other drivers sound fantastic, I was considering recapping the crossovers and was curious if anyone knows what the crossover frequencies are or better yet has an accurate schematic for the things?

I was also wondering if anyone could recommend something to put the speakers on? At the moment they're just sitting on floorboards, I have spikes but can't use them as it's a rented house.

I also welcome any other suggestions as to how to improve these lovely speakers, they're in wonderful condition with barely a mark on them and they seem to get on well with the amp that I have.

look here

Hi sba !

SatinMill,

go to the Thread titled:- Celstion 66 & 55 crossovers - question

{yes, the spelling of Celestion is incorrect in the Title there, and also there was no 55 model, but was a 551 model}

started by:- lorienblack

Lorien's schematic on Page 1 is incorrect, but in the File he posted on Page 2 it seems to be correct.
Check it by comparing to what is in your crossovers.
We do not know the mH for the inductors yet.

Can you not buy via Mailorder from USA or Canada to obtain the optimum capacitors ?

It would be better to Post further about the 662 model in your Thread here,
as other 662 owners are more likely to find here than in a 66 thread ...
... unless sba continues vigilant !

{who is the more obsessive sba, you or me ?}

Last edited:
the supports

Hello again,
I forgot to include, and now my Edit period has expired, thus another Post to reply to your question:

"I was also wondering if anyone could recommend something to put the speakers on? At the moment they're just sitting on floorboards, I have spikes but can't use them as it's a rented house."

Go to a Hardware shop, and buy six of the short cylindrical shaped hard rubber door stoppers -
{ to identify, they usually have a screw hole through their centre}.

Place one under each of the front edge corners of the enclosure, and one under the centre of the back edge.
When optimally placed, three points form a more stable support than four or more.
The hard rubber type does not allow much wobble of the enclosure,
and compresses the tiny amount sufficient for the enclosures to not slip off when the music is vibrating them !

Last edited:
Just an update to say I just finished repairing the broken tweeter, I took it to bits, re wound the coil!

It wasn't as difficult as I expected and I took some pics along the way which I'll upload late tonight along with a brief guide should anyone else care to attempt the procedure.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The crazy paved stuff is double sided tape, I couldn't find any large enough around the house to do it in one as it was originally. It sounds alright having briefly tested the thing and it measures 7.2 ohms exactly the same as the other tweeter. I'll be giving it a proper workout tomorrow once all the adhesives have set.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.