Any recommendations for a USB soundcard for use with SpeakerWorkshop ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried a Behringer UCA202, this suffered from unstable latency problems, meaning that it is impossible to set the markers for the gating (for gated F/r tests), as the pulse (and hence the reflections after it) move about by around 20mS. This can also be seen by doing a loop/rec with a sine and observing that the start of the sine moving about.

I have excellent results with SpeakerWorkshop and a desktop PC ( with CT4810 card) to carry out all acoustic and impedance tests.

Please reply only if you have experiance/had good results with a USB card and speakerworkshop.

I tried a Behringer UCA202, this suffered from unstable latency problems, meaning that it is impossible to set the markers for the gating (for gated F/r tests), as the pulse (and hence the reflections after it) move about by around 20mS. This can also be seen by doing a loop/rec with a sine and observing that the start of the sine moving about.

I have excellent results with SpeakerWorkshop and a desktop PC ( with CT4810 card) to carry out all acoustic and impedance tests.

Please reply only if you have experiance/had good results with a USB card and speakerworkshop.
I also have UCA202, it fail resistance calibration.
I heard that EMU 0202 is excellent.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.