Post Pictures of Your Vero Board Designs Here.

Couldn't find something alike around here... so, thought it would be interesting to have one.

Post photos of all your audio gadgets built on veroboard/dotboard etc.

Happy DIYing.

No PCB please.

Attached - DoZ+PMA Follower v2 combo.

Attachments

• SS SE follower.JPG
    SS SE follower.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 1,289
Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Here is one of my better ones ;) some of the uglier ones can be found in the ugly looking amp and ugliest prototype threads ;)

It is an Eric Walin preamp II. I later replaced with a PCB version mad with nicer caps, after I had desoldered and resoldered everything on the board a couple of times trying to find a fault that was not on the board at all, but a stupid mis-configuration of the rca jack's earth tag.

The second shot shows the ugliness that resulted from the excessive desoldering and resoldering whilst trying to find the fault. Just to show that I really can solder the third shot shows the pcb that replaced this proto board :)

Tony.

Attachments

• misc 092.jpg
    misc 092.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 708
  • DSC_5925.jpg
    DSC_5925.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_9837.jpg
    IMG_9837.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Hi Shaan,
what are the yellow axial caps in post #1 (DoZ)?. i have seen similar looking caps at lamington rd in bombay and the vendor claimed that they were polycarbonate caps

cheers,
mymindinside

These are Metalized Polypropylene caps I bought from kolkata. I found them ideal for use in the signal path. They are called MPTA caps here.

Link-> SUNTRONIC INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD > Capacitors > metallized polypropylene film capacitor

Go to second table and click on MPTA and there you can find info about these caps.

They sound reeeeally good.

Attachments

• mpta.JPG
    mpta.JPG
    325.2 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
And now something completely different:

Another kind of stuff:

Attachments

• Rec2.JPG
    Rec2.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 687