Hifonics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I was getting a humming / high pitch whine noies and static through the subs (only happend when the amp got hot or after playing music for about 5 minutes). I replaced the HIP4080a and the zener diode and that seems to have resolved the problem but now there is another problem. Now instead of getting the whine or the static the amp now cuts off at high volume levels. I can litterly turn the stero up and the amp turns off within seconds. Works fine at low levels. Any insight?

You need to confirm that you have sufficient power supply voltage. With your multimeter set to DC volts, the black meter probe on the ground terminal of the amp (not on the point where the ground wire connected to the vehicle) and the head unit on (so the amp will have remote voltage applied), touch the red probe alternately to the B+ and remote terminals of the amp. If the voltage is below ~11 volts on either the B+ or remote line, you need to check the wiring feeding whichever line is too low. If 'both' the B+ and remote turn-on lines are low and your battery is fully charged, you may have a bad ground connection.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.